Runner & Biker Pendants/Necklaces

Monday, December 13, 2010

Ready to Taper!

Well, the holidays must be near as my pottery making has dropped off (I'm busy taking my wares and selling them at the Holiday Market at Lincoln Square Mall in Urbana every Saturday) and now my training for Across the Years 24-Hr Race(s) has started to drop off as well...Starting today!

Yesterday, when i had planned to do a 5hr/3hr split--running 5 hours early in the morning and then running 3 hours from 9pm to midnight--I found the weather (snow and driving, blizzard-type winds) to be unbearable and hopped on the treadmill.

Once on the treadmill, the 5/3 split became 8 continuous, slow hours as I couldn't bear the thought of getting back on that treadmill again later that night.  So, from 10am to 8:15pm, I ran and ran and ran and took lots of little walk breaks.  Went through 6 Hammer Gels and 2 packs of Clif Shot Blocks as well as 3 packages of Clip2 Drink mix and 2 liters of plain water...and about 6 s!caps!

Had a hard time sleeping last night as my legs kept aching, but today, if time would allow, I could sleep like a baby!  Shoveled the snow drifts off the driveway and I think that will be my strength workout for the day.

My next run of any considerable length will be 2 hours on Wednesday night from 10pm to midnight, followed by an early morning run of 3 hours Thursday morning.  These split runs help to train you for some sleep deprivation and "running when you are tired" which simulates race conditions at ATY.

My mom will be coming down from Canada next week and I can hardly wait.  On Dec 27, she and I will fly to Phoenix to get ready for my race on the 29th.  I'm hoping for 125 miles.  I will then run the 24-hr race on Dec 31 with my friend Kelly---not to do well, but just to be able to be out there with her and give her some company!

Hope you all have a happy holiday season!!!  Tracy

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, Tracy!! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a great job. I will definitely dig it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site. Hot men

    ReplyDelete